Krishna Engineering College has established a Women Empowerment Cell in the college campus to empower girl students, to sensitize all issues related to women (students and faculties both) and to make the college campus a safe place for women students and faculty members.
With a view to taking up women’s issues and problems, the cell aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves.
Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programmes and other welfare activities.
- All the girl students will be made aware about the Vishakha guidelines and the safety measures by members of Women Empowerment Cell in auditorium
- A Session by women achievers of different fields to motivate the girl students of KEC.
- A session with gynaecologist on health issues.
- Workshop on employability.
- Nukkad natak will be held at the college premises on certain social issues.
- Session on privacy issues about the social websites and other computer related knowledge.
- Women Cell subunit in each department will be formed.
- A mail ID to be generated regarding eve teasing, problem arising in campus and hostels.
- Provision of girl’s common room.
- Appointment of lady doctor in college campus.
- Poster Making Competition
- Painting & Rangoli Competition (Faculty)
- Boy vs Girls Debate (Faculty)
- Skit (Social issues)
- Workshop on Soft Skill
- Training on Martial Arts for self defense
- Workshop on employability
- Workshop on “ Awareness about mental, sexual harassment and grooming of the same
- Training provided by banking professionals.
- Presentation by WEC.
- Stress management. (Off – Session)
- Fun Activity Day for female faculties.
- NSS activities by students and faculty members ( All can participate).
The principle of gender equality is enshrined in the Indian Constitution in its Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties and Directive Principles. We can promote this by adopting various ways like motivating girl students for leadership , technical knowledge, sports , participation in social reforms and cultural activities of the college.
Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Nondiscriminiation -
We aim to ensure with the help of management , that work policies and practices are free from gender based discrimination. Girls have equal rights in decision making of any kind in college, may be in the form of class coordinator or on the issue of fests and activities at college level.
Health, Safety and Freedom from Sexual harassment-
We want to establish a zero-tolerance policy towards all forms of violence at work, including verbal/physical abuse and prevent sexual harassment. Strict policy has been formed against sexual harassment cases. We aim to provide basic health related support system in college and wish to conduct workshop to make women aware of safety at work place and outside. Self-defense workshop will be conducted and will be very beneficial for all women folk. • Education and Training- Various workshops and training sessions will be kept to educate females about their legal rights, knowledge of banking and retail sector, traffic rules and regulations for road safety, information of various helpline numbers provided by government, operation of fire equipments in case of emergency, development of soft skills, workshop on self-defense, informative session by gynecologist etc.
- To ensure the rights of women is protected in the institute and they work or study here with equal status and rights.
- To motivate girl students to undertake activities that strengthen their confidence and make them believe in themselves.
- To train female faculty, staff and students about general economic and social issues.
- To make people explore themselves by indulging in new activities.
- To conduct workshops with motive to train girls about self-defense, health benefits and skill development.
- To empower females to face difficult times at home and at workplace.
- To conduct NSS activities related to women , for their upliftment and growth.
- To bridge the gap between students and teachers by relating them personally and suggesting them for some good cause.
- To specially strengthen female sweepers and lower cadre workers of KEC by educating them in a best possible way , with the motive of making their lives better.
- To ensure that appropriate action is taken against sexual offenders.
- To ensure that victims and witnesses are not victimized or discriminated because of their complaint.
- To take proactive measures towards sensitization of the KEC community on gender issues so that KEC is an excellent work place for all.
|1||Dr. Archana Pandey||AS||Chairpersonemail@example.com|
|2||Pratishtha Singh Raghuvanshi||ECE||Vice-Chairpersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. Priyanka Rai||AS||Memberemail@example.com|
|4||Dr. Manisha Arora||AS||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|12||Dr. Meenakshi (Hostel Warden)||CIVIL||Admin||MEENAKSHI@krishnacollege.ac.in|
|13||HR – As Facilitator||HR||Memberemail@example.com|
Session by Mrs. Richa Pandey (Advocate-Supreme Court) and Organised by Women Empowerment Cell on 3rd October 2016.