||Computer Science and Engineering
Year of passing
Intelligent Systems & Robotics
School of ICT, Gautam Buddha University
Xaviers Institute of Engineering,University of Mumbai
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Intelligent Systems (Expert Systems), Cloud Robotics, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining & Data Warehousing, Recommendation Systems.
*Discrete Structures, Graph Theory
*Database & Management Systems
*Advanced DBMS, Computer Networks
*Fuzzy Logic, Genetic Algorithms
Published Paper Details
||Co-authored “A Novel Approach for Age Classification from Face using AAM & SVM” at International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, Volume 5, Issue 2, February 2016, ISSN: 2320-088X.
||Co-authored “Scheduling Algorithms and their Applications for Cloud Networked Robotics: A Study” at International Conference on Technical and Innovative Advancement in Computing and Communication Engineering, 2013, ISBN No. 81-89278-18-5.
Workshop/Seminar/FDP/ Summer School (Attended/ Organized)
- IBM Certification on “Object Oriented Analysis & Designusing UML with Essentials of Rational Software Architect” (Course Code: DEV 396)
- Workshop on “Software Architecture Design Patterns: Concepts & Implementation”, Xavier Institute of Engineering,Mahim, Mumbai
- STTP on “Data Warehousing & Mining”, K. J. SomaiyaInstitute of Engineering & Information TechnologySion, Mumbai
- Workshop on “Embedded Systems & Robotics”, WCG Robotics Labs.
- Training Program on “Matlab and Mathematica”, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Seminar on “Cloud Computing”, TAI InfotechPvt. Ltd.In association with Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida.
- Workshop on “PCB Design & Robotics”, CETPA InfotechPvt. Ltd. In association with Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida.
- FDP on “Faculty Development & Incentive Program”, Krishna Engineering College, Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad.
- FDP on “NPTEL”, “Digital Forces - Mobility”,”Digital Forces - Social”, TCS – DLF Galaxy IT Park, Noida.
Executive Summary (About Self)
Ms. Umang Kant is Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Krishna Engineering College, Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad since July, 2014. She obtained her M.Tech in Intelligent Systems & Robotics from School of ICT, Gautam Buddha University in July, 2013 and joined as Assistant Professorin Computer Science Department at University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kurukshetra University. Prior to that she has worked as a Lecturer in Xavier Institute of Engineering, Mahim, Mumbai in Computers Department. She has about Five years of teaching and research experience. Her interests are in all fields of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Intelligent Systems (Expert Systems), Cloud Robotics, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining & Data Warehousing, Recommendation Systems. She has guided around 6 B.Tech Projectsand and 1 M.Tech thesis. She has two research papers published in journal and international conference. She has attended several workshops on various computer science as well as inter-diciplinarytopics.
She has held various administrative posts in Admissions Committee, Tech-Guru , Cultural Committee etc.
She is a member of ACM (Association for Computing Machinery).