Function of IEDC :
• To organise EACs, EDPs, FDPs and Skill Development Programmes at KEC for the benefit of S&T persons.
• To initiate five innovative student projects, each year for new innovative product development.
• To organize Business Plan Competitions every year.
• To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs in:
1. Preparing project reports.
2. Obtaining project approvals.
3. Loans and facilities from respective agencies.
4. Provide information on technologies, etc.
• To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
• To facilitate creation of entrepreneur’s clubs to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students.
• To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant data bases.
• IEDCs would also sensitise the management of other institutions regarding the importance of entrepreneurship and integrate their activities with KEC.